WHAT TO DO IF WE CANNOT RESOLVE YOUR COMPLAINT
We aim to offer all of our clients an efficient and effective service at all times.
However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided then you should inform us immediately so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.
In the first instance, it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure below. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
COMPLAINTS HANDLING POLICY
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to one of our partners not previously involved, who will review your matter file and speak to the individual who acted for you.
3. This partner will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. This will be proposed within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. If you would like a meeting, the partner will write to you within seven days of the meeting to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
5. If you do not require a meeting or it is not possible, the partner will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for a review.
7. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
8. Alternatively, we will invite you to agree to an independent complaints handler to review the complaint and make recommendations, if any. They will do this within 14 days of receiving your complaint about a review. In all but exceptional circumstances, we will act upon the advice given by the independent complaints handler.
9. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ, on 0300 555 0333 or at www.legalombudsman.org.uk. Any such referral should ordinarily be made within six months of our written response.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.